“The One Million Sun Roof Movement to Photovoltaics Gigawatt in Indonesia” is a declaration produced at the INDO EBTKE CONNEX and BALI CLEAN ENERGY FORUM 2017 held on 13-15 September 2017 at Balai Kartini Jakarta.
” Gerakan Nasional Sejuta Surya Atap Menuju Gigawatt Fotovoltaik di Indonesia ” merupakan deklarasi yang dihasilkan pada acara INDO EBTKE CONNEX DAN BALI CLEAN ENERGY FORUM 2017 yang diselenggarakan pada tanggal 13-15 September 2017 di Balai Kartini Jakarta.
The movement is grounded by a desire to strengthen national energy security through the achievement of Renewable Energy targets in the primary energy mix as set out in the National Energy Policy which targets an increase in the Renewable Energy mix from 5% in 2015 to 23% by 2025.
The declarations supported by the Government, as well as the communities and associations of these companies are signed by the Director General of New Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (EBTKE) of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Director General of Metal, Manufacturing, Transportation and Electronics (ILMATE) Industries of the Ministry of Industry , Agency for Assessment and Application of Technology, Indonesian Renewable Energy Society, Consortium of Indonesian Photovoltaic Industry Independence, Surya Energy Association of Indonesia, Manufacturers Association of Surya Module Indonesia (APAMSI), and Surya Roof Electricity Users Association.
The objectives of the Program are:
- Encourage and accelerate the construction of solar photovoltaic solar power plants in residential, public facilities, government offices, commercial buildings, and industrial complexes, until reaching the gigawat order by 2020.
- Encouraging the growth of the national industry of competitive photovoltaic systems and creating green jobs.
- Encourage reliable, sustainable and competitive electricity supply.
- Encourage and mobilize community participation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the threat of climate change, and contribute to Indonesia’s commitment to the Agreement and to achieve the objectives of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In the implementation of this One Million Sun Movement, the initiators agreed to :
- Collaborate and synergize to build a broad and competitive national photovoltaic market.
- Coordinate, collaborate and synergize in identifying and implementing effective strategies to remove policy and regulatory, technical, and funding obstacles that hinder the development of roof photovoltaics.
- Together actively socialize to the community, stakeholders and other stakeholders.
- Contributing actively in accordance with area of expertise and capacity owned.
- Seeks to optimize the integration of roof photovoltaics in electricity supply programs and projects, public housing development, and construction of public facilities and infrastructure initiated and supported by the government and local government.
We, PT SURYA UTAMA PUTRA as one of Solar Module Factory in Indonesia certainly very supportive and play an active role in realizing the national movement through solar product quality module that we have.
Source: PRESS RELEASE | INDO EBTKE CONNEX AND BALI CLEAN ENERGY FORUM 2017